These tools and links were created so you can use as much as you need in your real estate business. Please take advantage.
- Chrome – Becoming the browser of choice. Let’s you integrate apps directly to its browser. It’s fast and reliable powered by Google.
- Firefox – The long-standing standard of web browsers.
One of the more obvious benefits of using cloud storage services like Dropbox and Drive is the ability to access your files from anywhere with an Internet connection. Such features are especially appropriate for the work environment, whether you’re at home, in the office, or on the go. Most of the more popular services come with free introductory tiers that start with 2-5 GB of storage, as well as premium tiers for larger files.
- Cloud CMA —Print and mobile friendly CMAs and Buyer Tours.
- rDesk CMA —Drag-and-drop CMAs and Buyer Tours. Integrates with other RED products.
Real Estate News
Real estate news and videos for real estate agents and consumers
CRMs (Customer Relationship Managers)
- Agent Achieve
- Brivity —”The first transparent client management tool for the real estate industry.”
- Contactually CRM —”Better Relationship Management in your Email”
- Follow Up Boss —Has many integrations and features. Can receive leads from any source and smartly organizes leads by source to help you understand your ROI. Mail Chimp integration. Truly loved by many.
- Groove —”Elegant, Modern CRM for Real Estate”
- IXACT Contact
- Market Leader
- My Real Estate Tools
- Podio —”The most flexible and social productivity platform. Get everyone in your team on the same page and get your work done, faster.” Free for 5 person teams.
- rDesk CRM —”A complete CRM that stores, organizes and manages your contacts and leads to nurture and maximize conversion of prospects to clients.” Integrates with other RED products.
- RealtyJuggler —Full-featured, $99/year, 90-day free trial (some limitations), and we each get an additional 2-months free when you use this refer-a-friend link! It has property flyer generation, full Google sync, to-do’s, Mail Chimp integration, commission tracking, lockbox tracking, and much more. It works on mobile devices, but there’s not a native mobile app. It’s one of the best values in the world of real estate products and services, but a CRM is only good if you actually use it.
- Referral Maker from Buffini & Company —”Fully integrates the Work By Referral system. Gives you a visual action plan for all your referral-making activities.”
- Top Producer Systems —Top Producer has come a long way in 2013. It’s been known for years for not being easy to learn, but it is powerful, and it’s recently become platform-independent (i.e. works on Windows, Mac, and mobile). Its mobile interface is excellent — really, really excellent. Like ZipForm for forms, Top Producer is the best known real estate CRM. As such, it has many integration partners. Sign up with this link to get 1 month free.
- TribusCRM —Tribus Group has many products for real estate agents and brokers: websites, SEO, lead routing, and telephone service. Tribus CRM integrates with other Tribus products but also has an API, IDX integrations, a customizable dashboard, and is mobile friendly. It also has Google, Outlook, and Exchange syncing and is integrated with social media profiles.
- Wise Agent —”Straightforward business management software backed by unbeatable support.”
Designations and Certifications for Real Estate Professionals
- REALTOR® Designations —The list of NAR-recognized designations and certifications. Includes ABR, ALC, CCIM, CIPS, CPM, CRB, CRS, CRE, GAA, GREEN, GRIsm, PMN, RCE, RAA, SIOR, SRES, AHWD, BPOR, e-PRO, RSPS, and SFR
Discounts / Benefits
- NAR REALTOR Benefits® —NAR benefits include the free Prescription Discount Card, discounts on computers, retailer coupons, and more.
Discussion Groups for Agents
- All things Real Estate Video
- Diverse Solutions IDX Mastermind Group
- Evernote for Real Estate
- Fiverr For Real Estate Mastermind Group
- IDX Broker Mastermind Group
- IFTTT for Real Estate
- Lead Generator Networking group
- National Association of Realtors (NAR) Group
- National Association of REALTORS YPN
- Organic SEO for Real Estate Agents
- Raise the Bar in Real Estate
- Real Estate Agent Group – Collaboration, Tips, & Insights
- Real Estate Mastermind for Brokers, Owners and Sales Managers
- Real Estate Risk Management
- Real Estate Social Media Support
- Real Estate Success Principles
- REALTOR iPhone and iPad Group
- Realtors Referring Realtors
- Selling Short Sales and Foreclosures
- Short Sale Q&A
- Support Group For Landlords and Property Managers
- Tech Support Group for Real Estate Agents
- The Mobile Real Estate Agent
- What Should I Spend My Money On?
- WordPress For Real Estate Agents
- WordPress Support For Real Estate | Critiques | Tips n Tricks
- Zillow Mastermind Group
Know More About Your Real Estate Business
- Agent Caffeine —Kelly Mitchell “bringing you the top talent in strategy, tech, and marketing with a real estate twist.”
- Curaytor TV: Water Cooler —Great video interviews by Chris Smith and Jimmy Mackin about all topics real estate professionals deal with.
- Eight11.com —Tracy Weir’s “Strategic Marketing Advice for REALTORS®, Teams and Brokers”
- Inman News —Inman is an industry-leading news provider.
- NAR Member Value Plus (MVP) Program —”A program created for members to earn rewards by taking action.” “Every two weeks a new MVP offer will be posted. All you have to do is complete the specified Action within the two-week timeframe. After you complete the Action, you’ll receive instructions and a code via e-mail to redeem your Reward. That’s it. It doesn’t get simpler than that.”
- National Association of REALTORS® Library Catalog —”Your gateway to the world’s largest real estate library.” Topics: residential and commercial real estate, sales and marketing, property management, appraisal, land use and development, association management, finance and economics, technology, general business, personal growth and more in a variety of formats: digital books, audiobooks, books, journals, reports, guides, historical documents and images, and videos.
- National Do Not Call (DNC) Registry – Telemarketer/Seller Subscription —Also see theDNC FAQs for Businesses
- RESPA (Real Estate Settlement Procedures Act)
- Selling HUD Homes and the Advantages of FHA Loans
- Tech Savvy Agent —”The Pulse of Real Estate Technology.” A blog about real estate technology, marketing, new solutions from vendors, and more.
- Mailstrom —”Clean Up Your Inbox Now.” Get to Inbox Zero within a few minutes or a few hours… seriously.
- Unroll.me —Unroll.me offers two great features: 1) one-click unsubscribe and 2) The Rollup, which “combines your selected subscriptions and organizes them into one convenient daily digest email.”
- Yesware —”Email for Salespeople. Track Emails. Email Templates. Sync to CRM”
- Gmail Keyboard Shortcuts
- BombBomb.com —Video email marketing, starting at $278 per year
- Constant Contact —”Small Business Marketing”
- Covideo —”Video Email Service For Business.” Fully integrated with Microsoft Outlook and MailChimp. Android and iOS apps available.
- Customer.io —Segmented email campaigns and transactional emails connected to your web or mobile app
- Eyejot —”Video Mail In A Blink”.
- Happy Grasshopper —”Automated Email Marketing” made specifically for real estate. They send a message for you about every 3 weeks.
- Mad Mimi —”Create, Send, and Track HTML Email Newsletters”
- MailChimp —One of the best known email marketing and email list managers.
- mailVU —”Mail You Can View. Video Email, Video Testimonials, Video Contests.”
- Pop-a-Note —A quick and easy email and conversation marketing system from RISMedia
- YMLP (Your Mailing List Provider) —Very affordable email marketing software. Be informed that the charges are not from the U.S. so pay attention to which payment method you use.
- Housing Trends eNewsletter
- Lowes Realtor Benefits: eNewsletters —Specifically designed for current and past clients, not for prospects or leads.
- Digital Ink – Free for California Association of Realtor members.
- DocuSign —NAR Members get 5 free DocuSign “envelope sends” per month for free via this link. Unlimited signers and stored envelopes.
- HelloSign —Free plan allows unlimited self-sign, 3 signature requests per month, and 1 template.
Government Real Estate Tools
- Fannie Mae Loan Lookup —Lookup whether Fannie Mae owns a loan. Must know the address and the last 4 of the borrower’s SSN. Can be a handy tool when working with pre-foreclosures / short sales and other situations to help clients with.
- Fannie Mae Progress —Fannie Mae industry news, research, and analysis
- HomePath for Short Sales —”Fannie Mae now requests that listing agents register accepted offers with Fannie Mae, the investor on the mortgage. Registering the offer with Fannie Mae allows us to proactively work with the mortgage servicer to facilitate faster communications and decisions.”
- HomePath Short Sales – Request a Recommended List Price Tool —For listing agents representing a homeowner in a Fannie Mae short sale
IDX (Internet Data eXchange)
Mailing / Direct Mail
- USPS Every Door Direct Mail —EDDM allows you to send to a defined post route / area without needing the recipients’ names and addresses.
- Stamps.com – Current Postage Rates —US Postage Stamp Prices. For bulk mail, use theUSPS Business Mail Postage Price Calculator.
- Raffecopter —”…the world’s easiest way to run a giveaway.” Makes it easy to reward contestants with additional entries via social sharing and more.
- Sincerely.com —Sincerely is a gifting company that has great mobile apps to make it easy to let people know you’re thinking of them in a variety of ways.
Mobile Real Estate Apps
- Realtor.org Apps —Member Guide, NAR Action Center, NAR Express, eBooks from NAR’s Virtual Library, Mortgage Interest Rate Deduction, and other NAR Mobile Apps
- Trulia for Agents App —”Get leads sent to your phone, and check in to homes you tour.”
- Zillow Real Estate Apps —Multiple apps from Zillow, including mortgage calculator and rates, rentals, and property search (including Zestimates)
Notes / Organization
- Evernote —”Remember everything with Evernote, Skitch and our other great apps.”
Phone / Fax
- Better Voicemail —”Professional Voicemail and Virtual Phone System Solutions.” Includes many features, including SMS text, voicemail transcription, and offers special plans for real estate professionals.
- Google Voice —Google Voice is a free service with several intuitive features: transcribe voice mails, setup rules for when to ring which forwarding phones, block callers, and SMS text messaging (no MMS picture messaging).
- RingCentral —”Cloud Phone System, Virtual PBX, Toll Free 800 Number.” Mobile app, softphone, or PBX. Mobile app allows business SMS (not MMS). Forwarding, auto-attendant, conference calls, dedicated recorded messages and voice mail extensions, and more.
Music and Sound Effects
- AudioJungle —”Royalty-Free Stock Music, Sound Effects, and Audio”
- Rumblefish —”Create the perfect soundtrack”.
- Stock Music —”Royalty Free Music with an Edge”
- SweetSoundEffects —”Free Sound Effects. The best free sound effects… ever”
- Royalty-Free Music
Photo and Video Libraries
- 123RF – Good quality and average priced photos
- BetterRealEstatePics.com —Steve Pacinelli’s email download for how to take better real estate pictures.
- Depositphotos® —”Stock Images, Photos, Vectors, Illustrations and Videos”
- PhotoDune —”High Quality Royalty-Free Stock Photography From $1″
- authorSTREAM —”The best way to share PowerPoint presentations on the web”
- ClearSlide —Acquired SlideRocket in March 2013
- Flowboard —”Touch Publishing”
- Haiku Deck —”Presentation Software That’s Simple, Beautiful, and Fun”
- Got Print
- Oakley Signs
- BuildASign —”Yard Signs, Signs, Custom Signs Online.”
- Corefact Real Estate Print Marketing —Offers real estate specific postcards, cards, flyers, and more. Examples include: Home Estimate/Map Cards, Just Listed, Just Sold, Market Update, Local Expert, Senior, Seller’s Tips, Buyer’s Tips, Short Sale Cards, Holidays, and many more. Also, HouseTalk automated monthly newsletter mailout.
- SEO for Chrome – SEO for Chrome Browser
- SEO Moz – SEO tools, free and paid.
- 100 Free Web and SEO Tools from Search Engine Genie —SEO, domain, IP, server header, and multiple other techie tools
- Copyscape Plagiarism Checker —”Duplicate Content Detection Software”
- Link Detox —”Risk Management for your Toxic Links”
- Market Samurai —”Traffic-Hunting Software” (i.e. keyword analysis)
- Screaming Frog SEO —”SEO Spider Tool & Crawler Software.”
- SECockpit —A keyword research tool.
- SEOquake —A browser plugin/extension that displays SEO rankings
- SpyFu —”Search Marketing Research.” SpyFu analyzes your competitors’ SEO and SEM strategies and helps you find opportunities. You can export directly to AdWords.
- Startpage —Search Google with complete privacy, which removes personalized and local search results
Showing Automation Services
- BookAShowing.com —”Real Estate Showing Appointment Software and Showing Feedback System.”
- Centralized Showing Service (CSS) —CSS offers mobile apps for agents to manage their showings, and their Text2Approve solution enables sellers to approve showing requests via text message.
- Showing Suite —Showing Calendar, feedback, follow-up, and more. You can manage your Showing Suite.
- ShowingTime —”Real Estate Software and Services for Managing Showings, Feedback and Front Desk Activity”
Social Media Tools
- Hootsuite – Schedule posts and view from several networks.
- Buffer – Have buffer send status updates with Twitter and Facebook at different time intervals.
- IFTTT – More than social media. Automate instructions to do if this then that.
- Camtasia —”Software for screen recording and video editing”
- ScreenFlow —”Screen Recording and Screencasting Software”
- Digital Know How – Learn how to take video and screenshots from Mel Aclaro.
- Lynda.com —”Software Training.”
- Any.DO —”Make Things Happen.” Tight integration with Google.
- Asana —A robust task management tool that can be used by individuals and teams. It has an API and integrates with Google.
- Evernote Reminders
- Flow —”Online Task Management and Team Collaboration Software”
- TaskAnt —”Team To-Do Repository”
Transaction Management Providers
- Lone Wolf – Everything from listing inventory, transaction processing, Agent management, accounts payable and accounts … Lone Wolf’s brokerWOLF solution does it all.
- BackAgent —An online office suite that includes both transaction management and an office intranet. They also offer broker websites, fax lines, and more.
- Cartavi —A document management service that integrates with ZipForm, DocuSign, and Dropbox. Acquired by DocuSign in May 2013.
- DotLoop —DotLoop is an innovative solution because it keeps the transaction in one place and brings all the people to it. It replaces the need for separate document creation, eSign, and storage providers.
- Emphasys Real Estate Software
- Paperless Pipeline
- PlanetRE Compliance —PlanetRE has a full suite of products for managing your brokerage in the cloud, including DocuSign integration, social CRM, and financial management (integrates with QuickBooks and Microsoft Dynamics).
- SkySlope —Includes eSign, email message storage, and mobile access. They were started by a top-producing agent and a technology entrepreneur who saw the need for a better way for brokers to go paperless.
- TransactionPoint by Real Estate Digital —”The Power To Close More Deals, More Effectively, Right At Your Fingertips.
- ZipForm Relay —ZipLogix is the big dog of real estate forms (ZipForm), and Relay is their transaction management product. It’s affordable and integrates with other ZipLogix products, but it’s not flexible, customizable, or pretty to look at. Hopefully, it’ll be refreshed when ZipForm Plus is released or soon after. Until then, Cartavi is the clear winner (who is planning to release a broker product in 2013).
Virtual Assistants / Outsourcing
- The Virtual Assistant Chick – VA specifically for real estate teams and agents.
- O Desk – Find virtual freelance workers.
- Fiverr – Cheap freelance outsourced work.
- Best Agent Business —VAs specific to real estate
- Fancy Hands —”Assistants for Everyone”.
- Microlancer —”Fast, Affordable Digital Services”
- My OutDesk —Real Estate Virtual Assistants
- Scripted.com —”Hire Freelance Writers”
- Textbroker.com —”Your article writing service for unique and exclusively written content created to your specifications.”
- Zirtual —”The Personal and Executive Assistant Service for Busy People”
- JotForm —Free, customizable web forms that can be placed anywhere or linked to from anywhere.
- Spoon.net Virtual Desktop —”Use your apps and files anywhere.” “Combining the best of the desktop and the cloud.” Includes browsers, PDF tools, online chat, telephony, and other media, social, and game programs/apps.
- Sucuri SiteCheck —Free Website Malware Scanner
- The Toolbox —”A directory of the best time-saving apps and tools”
- What You Can Do On Zillow.com —Categorized information for Home Buyers, Renters, Home Sellers, Homeowners, and Professionals
- Zapier —”Automate the Web”
- Quick Books Statement Converter —Converts CSV/Excel files to Quick Books import files. Turns any bank account into an easy-to-manage Quick Books account.
Thanks to End Zone Realty and 1000 Watt for coming up with much of this list.