Blog like a Superstar Agent
In the beginning just thinking about blogging brings fear, anger or frustration to many real estate agents. But once you start, it’s really not that bad. Hardest part for many is thinking what to write about. But just think. How many times a week do you get asked the same questions by buyers, sellers, walk-in at an open house.
Just take a question you’ve answered a million times and answer it in a blog. A question like, “How long has this been on the market?” or “I have an FHA loan, will it qualify on this house?” 2 questions always asked and 2 great topics you can blog about. “What does DOM mean to your listing price seller?” or “DOM can damage a properties reputation, great for buyers” You can take one topic and write multiple blog posts from various angles.
Once you understand successful blogging, it will be worth every second you spent writing. It will become an important strategy in your business. But first, here’s some guidelines to get you blogging successfully!
Here are some guidelines:
- Make sure your content is unique! You don’t want to copy a blog, you want it said in your own words.
- Your title should be descriptive of your topic. For extra punch, try to work in the area name you focus on into your title.
- Try to have at least one main photo for each post that you write.
- Think about length- we think the 250- 600 word range is a great place to start.
- Mention the primary property type and the area you work in at least 3 times throughout your post. Example: “When planning a remodel for your Charleston Home…”
- Do you have the rights to post this content? Think about any images, videos, links, quotes, etc. that you are placing within your post.
- Set a goal to publish at least 1 post per week / 4 posts per month.
- Once a post is published, make sure to place a link of this new content on all of your applicable social networks.
Now, before we can go any further we must come back to the “Unique Content” that we mentioned above. Unique means that this content is 100% written by you (or a hired writer) and specific to one website and one website only.
Want to Take Blogging a Step Further?
- Create a Google+ profile set up to claim your work. Setting up a profile is simple and it allows the search engine to verify you as an author of your written content- great stuff!
- Add IDX listing feeds to the end of every post. Doing this takes only seconds and can hugely impact the number of pages that your site will index.
- When are your posts going live? The ideal time for a blog post to be published is Monday or Tuesday 1:00 pm EST / 10:00 am PST.
- Do you have options for people to share your posts on their social network or sign up for email updates of new activity? Doing this can greatly impact your reach.
If you want to know more about blogging and SEO results, contact me and I will be more than happy to help you out.
Found this useful? We want to help. I can offer you more ideas and support. Ask us, we’ll help you.